Strategic Supply Chain Manager -
Operations Department, Irving, TX
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The Strategic Supply Chain Manager (SSCM) is responsible for developing strategies in reducing overall product cost while retaining product quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Supplier Relationship Management
- Act as the focal point for key vendors that build/supply product to EF Johnson.
- Align and integrate corporate strategy into the supplier relationships, including communication of business policy, tactical initiatives and direction to/from the supplier base.
- Track and report supplier operational metrics, provide trend analysis, initiate corrective action.
- Monitor Corrective and Preventive Action status and progress.
- Work cooperatively with the vendors to identify each element of product cost and mutually agree on cost reduction road map.
- Participate in supplier audits and corrective actions.
Product Development Liaison
- Works with design engineering to ensure we are using core suppliers in product design.
- Maintains preferred supplier lists for design engineering to select from
- Evaluates new vendors that design engineering wants to incorporate into new products.
- Works with component engineering to validate BOM integrity with regards to screening for single sourced components, part obsolescence, and structure.
Materials management and strategy
- Work with the buyers to develop MOQ’s/EOQ’s strategy to maximize value while increasing inventory turns to conserve cash flow.
- Coach buyers in proper negotiation and expediting techniques.
- Use the ERP system to properly track costs and vendor quotes.
- Evaluates work performance of assigned personnel, providing guidance to improve performance and commending improved or outstanding performance as appropriate in accordance with applicable company policy for performance reviews.
- Exhibits desirable and appropriate professional behavior including leadership, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, ability to get along with others, creative thinking and personal integrity to provide for a cohesive, productive unit dedicated to the achievement of corporate goals.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor of Science in Business / supply chain management / electrical engineering
- 5 - 10 years of industrial experience in Operations / Materials / Supply Chain.
- Thorough knowledge of contract manufacturing agreements and process.
- Knowledge of quality programs including: Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Supplier Quality.
- APICS certification desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Professional, results-driven attitude.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to instill continuous improvement methods and beliefs throughout the organization.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate quality standards and processes to insure successful implementation.
- Ability to establish, meet and set deadlines which insure sense of urgency and meeting of deadlines.
- Ability to build a strong team capable of exceeding company objectives.
Posting Date: 4/12/12